https://www.dns-as.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/coredns-logo.png 606 682 Wolfgang Riedel https://www.dns-as.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/dns-as-world-connect-logo.png Wolfgang Riedel2017-04-21 10:20:562018-04-26 21:54:42CoreDNS – Support for AVC Resource Record
CoreDNS – Support for AVC Resource Record
I am more then happy to announce that Miek Gieben took a stab to implement AVC Resource Record support for CoreDNS with pull request #480. CoreDNS is a DNS server that chains middleware. Each middleware implements some DNS feature, like service discovery.
Currently CoreDNS supports (among others) the following middlewares:
- chaos: respond to CH class queries
- dnssec: on-the-fly DNSSEC signing of records
- etcd: SkyDNS replacement
- file: serve DNS from a set of files
- health: simple health check
- kubernetes: use CoreDNS as a KubeDNS replacement
- loadbalance: shuffle A and AAAA records
- metrics: Prometheus metrics
- pprof: Go profiling
- proxy: forward queries to an upstream (recursive) server
- rewrite: rewrite incoming queries
- secondary: be a secondary nameserver and retrieve zones from a primary
This is the next step forward in our journey to use DNS and the DNS-AS idea as a method for central policy control for application intent, no matter if it’s for network devices, operating systems or containerized environments.
Miek, many thanks for your support!